Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Exciting news!

Okay, let me do the introduction paragraph last.  I MUST get to what has me so freaking excited!

My favorite celebrity is actually going to be on a TV show!  I need to buy a better TV, get some speakers, and get dish or something to watch NBC (it isn't on NetFlix).

Oh, and by celebrity, I don't mean the usual heroine-addicted cursing "role models" we watch from outside the rehab clinic.  No, sir!  I am talking about someone building schools, holding high positions in three (that I know of) charity organizations including UNICEF, and actually being given a position in the United States Government.  That is why she is my favorite celebrity.  That, and I am passionate about revamping our education system and expanding it.

Oh, and I want: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pies-descalzos/id193662156?ign-mpt=uo%3D4.  It is the ONLY CD that I do not have.  It is not on torrents, it is not in any online stores (until just now), and I will buy it the instant I am able to use iTunes.  Now I'm just waiting on Magia to be released.  Only 1200 copies out there.  If you see it, buy it.  I don't care how much it costs.  Buy it.  I will pay you back for it with interest.  I have the torrented version, but I feel a bit guilty about that.  Too bad it isn't sold anywhere.

Yes, I know.  It's crazy being a fan.  But we all have role models.  In my opinion, having a good role model is healthy because it gives you a goal for who you want to be.  I also admire Bjarne Stroustroup, Linus Torvalds, and a few other people.  And if you can introduce me to either of those two people, I would be absolute ecstatic!  For the moment, though, my high is from the news here!  Have you heard the news?  Shaki will be on The Voice!  And her 1996 CD, the only one I do not have (apart from the tour ones which I'm not particularly interested in), is for sale now!

Now for the introduction:

I know I promised my next blog post would be about common grammatical mistakes and that the one after that would be about common mistakes on resumes, but I just got some terrific news -- side note: you can probably tell by now that I'm being brought back down to earth by all this typing -- about my favorite celebrity!  She will be on The Voice this Spring, and the CD I have been searching for in antique shops, music shops, torrent sites, and everywhere is finally for sale somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment